Sunday, July 5, 2015

I took a walk today

I took a walk today as I am apt to do when my mind is troubled. My journey took me up and down the creek out back. As I walked, I noticed the changes that have been wrought by the recent flood waters. Here a tree is down, there a new hole has been washed exposing treasures awaiting discovery. And it occurred to me how life is just one big creek. We float along going with the current sometimes fast sometimes slow. But the one thing that is constant is that change is an absolute factor in our life.  You can fight it until it overwhelms you or you can bend to its will and go with the flow. Good and bad are a never ending cycle all you can do is to go with the flow and try and keep your head above water. Above all you should always try and look for the beauty in life along the way. Even if it is just a pretty rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment