Sunday, July 5, 2015

As I sat and watched my back yard, I noticed a squirrel who had taken up residence on my deer feeder. As I watched him pig out on a free meal while fighting off the flock of cardinals that usually eat there two words instantly came to mind. "My Precious!" It is in our nature sometimes to want to be in sole possession. Whether it is money, shiny baubles, love, or even just a friendship. We discover something good and jealously fight for it. Or we become envious of what others possess and want it for ourselves. This always ends in disaster and then we are left holding nothing wondering what went wrong. For in our driven jealously fueled desire, we take what is good and right and twist it and change into something else. Money is lost, shiny baubles tarnish, love turns sour, and friendships wither and fail. We have to sometimes step back and remember why something caught our interest in the first place and be willing to let others share in the same joy we had at this discovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment